You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 1:22am

[Skin Proposal] unnamed yet

hi my name its matias, maybe you know me by some other names in deviant like uriel or skinister. The thing its that im designing an skin and i dont know hot to code it, i try checking some tutorials but i cannot make it work and i dont have too much time to work with it either.

heres a little preview of the skin:

let me know if you guys can make the coding, it would be great :).

ps: i dont want it to be a xion skin, i want it to have some nice features like you guys can make :thumbup:

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 1:38pm

the idea of porting to xion 1st and then to wa is that we see how everything works.
so as xion skin you do everything in the PSD file - you can arrange things hit f5 and see how it works.
the display looks still a bit empty...
SLoB: this one seems to be a RGB skin
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

SLoB

SLoB

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 2:02pm

yep we can do quick rgb on this, make sure it works in Xion first and keep the coloured/glass layers separate
fill it with some more content.

get the main player working in Xion, then work on getting the standard frame, EQ & notifier going

Xion format is what we are looking for really even if you don't want it to end up in Xion, Xion is a fantastic prototyping tool for skinning, you can see what works and what doesn't instantly but you need to format it right so that we can pick it up and not have to worry bout changing lots of stuff to get it into a usable state.

the sooner people start using Xion to test their skins out the better really, it IS THE BEST prototype for skinning media players

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Monday, July 21st 2008, 3:52pm

any news on this yet?
i really like the design, so it would be worth getting coded
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Tuesday, July 22nd 2008, 6:58pm

the outerglow or drop shadow i hope is not in final, so it can snap to edges. also the white stroke I would like to see in black and thinner if possible. in the empty space you could put a ipod like playlist there. and by clicking on a button in the top right it wil sift through EQ, PL, and VIS, and Album Cover...just some possibilities i thought of for design elements.

Edit: To add on to the last part, you could even have a button next to your X and - like MENU and when clicked it brings up a list of words:
Equalizer
Visual
Playlist
Album Cover
And when these are clicked it brings up the appropriate screen in the empty space.

Edit 2: I kept the psd if you need the design elements later.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Jikaru" (Jul 23rd 2008, 4:49am)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 4:43pm

k, so we must think about a seeker as well as on a volume control
imo we should keep the album art static on the left side of the display (can be the vis in xion version)

who is the author of this now?
Jikaru or Apolineeo
btw, i think skinister has also a account here on SC, lol

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 5:07pm

Apolineeo is the author, as of now, I was just showing you guys my vision of how this could work out. Theres not enough space to keep the album art static unless you add it to the VIS screen if you look at my diagram of ideas lol. And the way i was seeing the volume work is kind of explained in the diagram too. Scroll mouse down for lowering the volume and the percentage would change OR you could have a color bar that was demonstrated in http://sinan.deviantart.com/art/Dynamic-1-1-66688276

In the diagram each of my ideas is separated give me a couple hours to have a gif demonstrate the flow of my ideas in action...

and keep in mind im doing this without the original psd cause im not the author and i dont have too much control over outerglows/innerglows/alpha layers/etc...

Name: Julian W.

Sunday, October 18th 2009, 12:39am

Sorry for the Bump but I just found this and ... Well, I may be able to make this!
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, October 18th 2009, 10:57am

Feel free to take it.

Jikaru, do you still have the PSDs lying around??

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 10:53am

Well, the .PSD's would help lots :P besides, if not I'd have to re-create it [badly at that lol]

But it will look fabulous!
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 11:01pm

I think it would be interesting if it flipped open using the play buttons as a pivot point letting the user get to the equalizer and other bits, just a thought. :)
Riding the sea of tranquillity.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 6:56am

deffo! but i guess noone has an updated PSD file...

Friday, January 29th 2010, 6:16am

Dang... If I had the border seperate from the BG I could re-create the stuff in the middle :D
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Friday, January 29th 2010, 1:04pm

well, maybe we can get something similar going :D

Saturday, January 30th 2010, 7:12am

That would be grand!
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Cozmoz

Master

Monday, February 1st 2010, 1:17am

Hi guys!

I decided to recreate this skin for everyone, it took 4 hrs, I got it all looking pretty close, the only thing that really needs modifying as far as the design goes now is the font which should be Arial Narrow, has anyone got a copy of this? Anyway, here you go! :thumbsup:

Oh btw I would like to name this skin Matias, after the guy that originally submitted it, what do you guys think?

Regards,

Costa
Cozmoz has attached the following image:
  • Matias.gif
Cozmoz has attached the following file:
  • Matias.zip (234.44 kB - 440 times downloaded - latest: Sep 17th 2017, 8:52pm)

Monday, February 1st 2010, 6:28am

I don't see why not ~ But ill leave that up to the Pro's XD

And amazing job! :D
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Cozmoz

Master

Monday, February 1st 2010, 9:04am

Just made some minor updates, once again please find attached.

Regards,

Costa
Cozmoz has attached the following image:
  • Matias.gif
Cozmoz has attached the following file:
  • Matias.zip (234.36 kB - 374 times downloaded - latest: Sep 17th 2017, 8:53pm)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Monday, February 1st 2010, 9:26am

wow, that's cool!

now we need to decide for what player we want to create this skin for.

I dunno if you've heard of xion (there is a link in the forums main page), it features a easy to skin interface. So you just use Photoshop to create a skin, name the layers within according to a scheme so xion knows what to do. This is really great for prototyping! After a Xion skin is done, exporting to WInamp is easy, because everything a skin dev needs is already defined :D what do you think?

You don't have any winamp coding experience don't you?

Cozmoz

Master

Monday, February 1st 2010, 9:53am

Only what you've seen on this forum

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: