You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Thursday, February 28th 2013, 5:19pm

ClassicPro v2 Final Released!

We’re proud to announce ClassicPro 2 is finally ready and is now out of beta stage!

Thanks for all the help by email, forum and pm’s. If you have more ideas (and feel that we might have forgotten a few of yours) feel free to bring it up in the comment section below.
Download ClassicPro 2.01 here

Then remember to check all the new ClassicPro2: SUI skins. These type of skins allows the skinners to create their own custom layout but let cPro take over the single user interface using the XUI object. More info here.

Currently there are 3 such skins in development/available:
(cPro2 - divx by MerTcaN | cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync by pjn123 | cPro2 - minimal by iron2000) | cProXUI - UNITY 2014 by Victhor)

What's new since previous beta release?

Version 2.01 Final (28 Feb 2013)
  • cPro 2
  • New: Now also support preset window positions (shift+F9-12 to set)
  • Updated: cPro2__Aluminum v1.3 (new themes and lots of other improvements)
  • Fixed: If Winamp load on zero volume, volume jumps up (sc_mute)
  • Fixed: More buttons with transparent bits don't always work
  • Fixed: Classic vis doesn't always go to thin bands on small width
  • Fixed: File info viewer layout broken if you hide first tag
  • Fixed: Playlist search toggle overlay doesn't hide on small widths
  • Fixed: Alignment of status bar buttons (thx Mertcan)
  • Fixed: Playlist search box background color
  • Fixed: Button fade shows wrong hover image when you toggle button with shortcuts
  • Improved: File info viewer layout order now same as Winamp
  • Improved: File info viewer added option to use smaller size
  • Improved: File info viewer resource optimization
  • Changed: Tab icons now have 3 states (see cPro2 - Aluminum)
  • Changed: Gammagroup of the Open/Close drawer buttons changed ("n.sui.buttons")
  • Changed: Widget Manager header image

• cPro 1
  • New: Ctrl + Left Click on main menu button to disable menubar (maybe more options later)

• cPro 1&2
  • New: Added more options to multibutton (Winamp bolt right-click)
  • Fixed: About current skin crash on newer Winamp builds
  • Fixed: Skin notifier sometimes no longer appearing
  • Improved: Quick Playlist now use screen size to calculate menu height
  • Improved: Widget Manager notifications now only once globally and not per skin
  • Improved: Now Playing widget now have right-click options menu (v1.01)
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Victhor" (Dec 16th 2014, 10:55pm)

Name: Victor

Friday, March 1st 2013, 3:51am

I´ve read "Finally" released.. ;)

pjn123

Friday, March 1st 2013, 11:03am

Almost included that in the title :P

Saturday, March 2nd 2013, 1:28am

Enjoying the update.
One minor observation... the new option 'Show Cover Box' in the Now Playing tab is a great idea because I play a lot of music from vinyl and the CD box can look out of place. However, choosing the option to not show the CD box results in the artwork then being off-center within the window and it no longer lines up with the track info above, which is centrally aligned within the window. Would it be possible after choosing the option to not show the CD box, for the artwork to then be re-aligned centrally to take account of the missing CD box?
Cheers

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 7:24pm

Love it!
Great update!

pjn123

Friday, March 8th 2013, 3:08pm

Enjoying the update.
One minor observation... the new option 'Show Cover Box' in the Now Playing tab is a great idea because I play a lot of music from vinyl and the CD box can look out of place. However, choosing the option to not show the CD box results in the artwork then being off-center within the window and it no longer lines up with the track info above, which is centrally aligned within the window. Would it be possible after choosing the option to not show the CD box, for the artwork to then be re-aligned centrally to take account of the missing CD box?
Cheers

Thanks, will fix this for future release. Only tested it on big sizes so didn't notice the few pixel misalignment :D

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 10:15pm

i managed to pinpoint a bug

symptoms: unusually high CPU load (anywhere up to 90% (Athlon X2 5000))
cause: cover picture in info_viewer widget
note: high cpu load continues even when the widget is not visible

its been driving me crazy as hell. I was suspecting PictureBox to be causing this but i was wrong. At first i though its something to do with resolution of the picture and big size (i have 2k+ px covers). I played around with the covers in photoshop and sometimes it helped, but only rarely. Today i discovered its the name of the picture! Naming picture "cover" or "folder" immediatelly makes winamp go crazy. These two names are necesary for winamp to automatically detect the pictures and show them as covers.

I quickly realized its the Info_viewer behind this. Renaming the file immediately makes the picture appear and disappear in real time. I am assuming the widget is loading the picture in every cycle repeatedly and thus consuming loads of cpu power. Or maybe it scans for pictures in every cycle. It looks like the cpu load correlates with the file size so its gotta be the refreshing in every cycle or something.

It would be great if you guys could reproduce the bug.

Friday, May 24th 2013, 4:31am

Mmmm... I couldn´t reproduce it.

Quoted

Renaming the file immediately makes the picture appear and disappear in real time.

What would you call "real time"? I can´t see it here, after I rename the file the image doesn´t update unless I refresh winamp (F5).

Winamp is always eating up resources... in my case, while testing what you say never went over the 126kb (although it did went up a bit with embebed pics).

I don´t know if my experience would help since the variables may be too different (Win7 64bits, Winamp 5.7 b3381, cPro 2.01, images from 500 to 700px, always used Tag&Rename for iD3 tags and near 95% of my songs have iD3 v1 erased..)

Friday, May 24th 2013, 6:40pm

thx for help

by real time i mean that if i rename the file to name winamp can detect, it IMMEDIATELLY pops up in winamp, its immediately detected and displayed. Its kind of neat to be honest. But its gotta be reloading the image on every cycle... There is some slider in winamp properties where you can adjust time period for cpu cycle. Not sure what that is but it doesnt appear to have any impact on my problem.

But i see cPro works with beta Winamp, so im gonna try that and see what hapens.

- latest winamp installed. I let the cPro installer reset configs and installed to new location. The bug is still there.
- the bug is present on skins for both cPro2 and earlier versions. If i select skin not utilizing cPro cpu load gets normal again.
- the bug starts after music is being played for the first time and then it is present (unless i rename the picture so winamp cant use it)
- the bug appears only if i am playing FLAC files

something similar mentioned on this forum

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ttuoli" (May 24th 2013, 8:15pm)

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 11:31pm

I see, is strictly related to that post, but in your case feels like you´ve found the closer reason! Cause´ AFAIK cPro doesn´t interact with the playing process, but it does with the reading of the file when reaching album art.

When Pieter sees this thread I´m sure he´ll have more answers..

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 12:49pm

great, ill wait for him then

i have done some more testing and it appears cover is automatically detected in real time only when FLAC files are being played. Or more precisely - its not happening with mp3 files.

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 3:46pm

Oh! One last thing, does this happens with flac files that have EMBEDDED cover art too? You should try that, it would probably fix it..

Monday, May 27th 2013, 5:15pm

yes, it doesnt matter whether the cover is in tag or folder, cpu load spikes either way.

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 1:54am

Victor (or anyone), can you point me some direction for possible culprits behind this bug? I would like to check out the codes and see if there isnt something i can do. Like checking out sections of code dealing with code where cPro could theoretically get entangled in some thread for playing. I think that while loading cover for flac files, the cover loading entangles with playing process and causes the 'infinite reload'. Im sure there are not that many pieces of code where this could happen.

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 2:13pm

Wait a bit, answers will come =). Pieter answered me just today. Later he´ll be around, check back!

pjn123

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 7:50pm

Hey sorry for the delay in reply.. have been bit overworked but still planning to be more active :P

I can reproduce this with flac files. CPU usage is very high for me too (40+-). Mp3's doesn't seem to do the same. The default Bento skin also doesn't show the bug so it probably something in my code trying to read/refresh the tags/cover in an infinite loop when a flac file play.
Will try to get to the bottom of it and patch it. Thanks for bug report!

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 4:59am

Hi pjn123,

Any progress to report on the issue with flac files?

pjn123

Wednesday, August 28th 2013, 9:49pm

Hi

Finally found the script that I think is causing the problems with flac files.
Turns out the cover was reloading all the time with flac files because Winamp is saying it cant find the type of stream that is playing.(which normally means, the file is still loading).

If someone can check if it works if they copy & replace the file attached in the zip file to:

Source code

C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\ClassicPro\engine\xui\AlbumArt

it would be greatly appreciated.
pjn123 has attached the following file:
  • AlbumArt.zip (2.31 kB - 474 times downloaded - latest: Jun 12th 2017, 6:34am)

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 12:16am

Tested in flac with and without cover embedded, works perfect, it even consumes less than some of my mp3!

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: