You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 28th 2013, 2:59pm

cPro2 - minimal

Almost thought that I'll never do another Winamp skin.
But the release of cPro2 somehow activated the Winamp skin department of my brain :P

So here in progress is an upgrade of sort to my last cPro skin, cPro-minimal.

Download final version at:
- DeviantArt
- Winamp

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "iron2000" (Mar 14th 2013, 1:09am) with the following reason: Final release

Monday, January 28th 2013, 3:16pm

Heres to continue what I left off in the cPro2 thread in the Winamp forums.
-------

The skin so far:

For now my aim is the same looks but with the cPro2 XUI component.

As I did away with the generic frame some of the elements are too close to the edge.
I moved the Playlist and ML inside some more.
Looking at the screenshot, seems like the albumart is too close to the edge as well.
I usually use Winamp with cPro in this configuration so I got it skinned up first.

Since both the main and drawer sharing the same png now, its hard to replicate what I did in cPro1.

Situation in the drawer playlist

A: Current state
- the status bar is too slim
- the buttons blend in with the background

B: Idea 1
- seems doable by changing the "sui.status" image, but it will affect all status bars (will spoil the style of File Info and Equalizer drawers)
- wanted to create a new bitmap object and change the image parameter to it but the layer has no ID

C: Idea 2
- I can size the playlist but cannot make the status bar thicker as the rect has no ID
- I wanted to somehow use the same status button images but with a different gammagroup, thought that maybe I could create new bitmap objects with the same png and coordinates but found that I can't assign them as the buttons have no ID and in the end the same group is used in all status bars.

D: How it looks in the cPro1 version
- In the end it would be nice if I can at least get back the old look

Similar issue with the video and Vis drawer and mini as well.

I suggest the main area and drawer+mini each have their own button gfx.
Or maybe some way to switch the main area or drawer+mini button gfx to use another png when needed.

Name: Victor

Monday, January 28th 2013, 4:45pm

The precursor of the metro style! ;) Looking good so far, any idea on when would you release it?

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Monday, January 28th 2013, 6:47pm

Ok had a few ideas:

- The status bar heights stay the same size for all areas
- The status bar background, textbox and button gfx use different bitmap ids for the main and other areas) but in normal cpro2 skins all these bitmaps will point to the same image (or I can use an elementalias if I remember correctly). You can then just point the bitmap id's (in your sui elements file) to your new file with separate gfx for the main mode.

Don't want to make the main area buttons higher again since the "smaller" buttons is just 2 pixels smaller in the H but they actually have almost 18% more area to click. So don't think it will be worth the effort... unless you really feel strong about it :D

What do you think about this? Can still add ID tags to the objects that you want to control if you want.
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

pjn123

Monday, January 28th 2013, 6:54pm

PS: Also think there need to be separate icon for the active tab icon. Should maybe implement it here for next build

Monday, January 28th 2013, 7:10pm

PS: Also think there need to be separate icon for the active tab icon. Should maybe implement it here for next build

I think that a different icon like Earth rather than IE for Web Reader can be better.

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 10:47am

The precursor of the metro style! Looking good so far, any idea on when would you release it?

Don't think its anytime soon as I want to try adding a few things I've been wanting to add since the cPro1 version.
Theres clean up to be done too.

Ok had a few ideas:

- The status bar heights stay the same size for all areas
- The status bar background, textbox and button gfx use different bitmap ids for the main and other areas) but in normal cpro2 skins all these bitmaps will point to the same image (or I can use an elementalias if I remember correctly). You can then just point the bitmap id's (in your sui elements file) to your new file with separate gfx for the main mode.

Don't want to make the main area buttons higher again since the "smaller" buttons is just 2 pixels smaller in the H but they actually have almost 18% more area to click. So don't think it will be worth the effort... unless you really feel strong about it

What do you think about this? Can still add ID tags to the objects that you want to control if you want.

For me whats most important is that the main and drawer+mini each have their own button gfx.

For status bar height, I've already made those in the main area taller via sendparam so its no problem as for the thinner drawer+mini status bar if they have their own set of button gfx then its ok.
For the button size, the current size is ok.

Yes, please! :P

I think that a different icon like Earth rather than IE for Web Reader can be better.

I suppose its to stress that Winamp uses the IE engine?

------

Anyway I came across a bug also present in cPro1.
If theres any transpearency in the scrollbar gfx it will show as black in the color themes drawer.
Is that fixable now or is it Winamp's problem?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iron2000" (Jan 29th 2013, 12:02pm)

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 8:58pm

I suppose its to stress that Winamp uses the IE engine?
------
Anyway I came across a bug also present in cPro1.
If theres any transpearency in the scrollbar gfx it will show as black in the color themes drawer.
Is that fixable now or is it Winamp's problem?

01 Yep, that´s kinda the reason why it´s that icon. Using IE for the browser means a lot in terms of limitations and possibilities, so, besides being a direct reference to "internet", it´s a way to point that it works with that beneath (in my experience, it even takes IE user preferences for some sites, like YouTube).

02 Ha, I just came across that bug yesterday, it´s present in my winamp too, I don´t know if it´s from cpro..

pjn123

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 1:35pm

The black background is a Winamp problem :(

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 4:01pm

Trying to implement another layout (a third one).
But I can't get Winamp to open with that layout when it last closed with it.
It showed the layout for a few seconds then switched to the normal layout.

Spent a few nights hunting for anything on the skin's side that could possibly cause that but can't seem to find anything.

Does some script in CentroSUI V2 enforce the normal layout?
Also, the cPro2 XUI doesn't sync states (drawer, sidebar, tabs) properly when used on 2 layouts in the same skin.

Attached is the skin in its current state.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iron2000" (Feb 28th 2013, 1:23am)

pjn123

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 2:40pm

The cpro2 xui only works in the main;normal layout. What actually happens behind the scene with your new layout is that the layout shows and triggers a component that wants to show. Cpro then see its not in the main;normal layout and then switch to this layout so that the components can be opened in the sui area. This is suppose to be useful for when your in the shade mode :P.

But anyway, think you can still do your alternative mode if you just resize the sui area and hide the bottom part (in maki) of the skin (like the alternative mode looks atm). Not 100% sure but think using two cpro2xui objects in two layout will increase the resources used considerably too. This is why the fullscreen mode in cpro2 also don't use a new layout but rather just move the groups around (fullscreen mode doesn't have left, right, bottom border).

The new skin is very sexy!

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 4:35pm

@iron2000: Did you know that with this as with the original there are a lot of maki errors (and forced closing) when using Docking options? ("Docked toolbar")

If you fix that I think it´s a good way to use a "hacked" alpha blend skin (I tested it in a cpro1 skin for a long time now and it works perfect except for the "no moving / no clicking" thing)

Friday, February 8th 2013, 2:09pm

@pjn123:
Ok I'll try to work the Alternate mode using the Normal mode via script.

@Victhor:
Didn't know that as I don't dock much :P Will look into it.
[EDIT] Just tried docking and it works, I have the shade mode docked to top and it auto-hide too.

Do you guys have problems with attrib options (those under right-click menu->Options) in Winamp?

For example, I delete studio.xnf.
Open Winamp and it is in its default Bento skin, the right-click->Options has Bento's attrib options.
I switch to a cPro skin but the right-click->Options still has Bento's attrib options.

I'm running Windows 8 by the way.
(Winamp has file association issues with Win8 and it seems like Nullsoft is concentrating on the Android Winamp app now T-T Wonder if the desktop app is left to die.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iron2000" (Feb 8th 2013, 2:23pm)

Friday, February 8th 2013, 2:42pm

Errors are random, but I can replicate it always by:

- Docking main mode to left / right
- Undock
- Hit F5 (sometimes crashes too restarting a playback).

I tested it under 3 of 4 Windows 7 configs and clean installs. Yours doesn´t do the same?

pjn123

Monday, February 11th 2013, 3:22pm

@iron - What do you think of this:

3 more options...

1) all component buttons are white and the status bar part of the main sui area forms part of the bottom drawer.
2) Same as #1 with a two pixel white gap
3) Same as #1 with a 1 pixel white gap

If there is separate gfx for the main sui status bar buttons the number of object in the skin in total increase considerably. The component buttons section is one of the main areas where cpro2 tries to cut some fat away (the rest of the skin already have more objects so this tries to reduce the total number).

If you think you can hack it manually by using sendparam just tell me what id's you are missing.

PS: the tab icons now have 3 states for next build

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 9:05am

I'm running Windows 8 by the way.
(Winamp has file association issues with Win8 and it seems like Nullsoft is concentrating on the Android Winamp app now T-T Wonder if the desktop app is left to die.)
Microsoft is continuing it's effort to increase the security and stability of it's OS. With Windows 8, they have changed the way apps are allowed to make file associations. The Winamp desktop version has not been left to die. Developers are currently working on an update to handle this change. I'm working with betas of the next desktop version that are working on ways to handle this issue, along with some general bug fixes, some feature mods, and some new 'cloud based' features for users with both mobile and desktop versions of Winamp. Sorry, there is no eta for a public release of the next desktop version.

In the meantime, you can use the Windows 8 "Default Programs" control panel app to set up the file associations for the current desktop version of Winamp (5.63).

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 5:16am

@iron - What do you think of this:

3 more options...
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1016
1) all component buttons are white and the status bar part of the main sui area forms part of the bottom drawer.
2) Same as #1 with a two pixel white gap
3) Same as #1 with a 1 pixel white gap

If there is separate gfx for the main sui status bar buttons the number of object in the skin in total increase considerably. The component buttons section is one of the main areas where cpro2 tries to cut some fat away (the rest of the skin already have more objects so this tries to reduce the total number).

If you think you can hack it manually by using sendparam just tell me what id's you are missing.

PS: the tab icons now have 3 states for next build

For the 3 options, I like the first option.
But maybe there can be an id so the spacing can be manipulated by sendparams?

I tried replacing the specific button group for the main area playlist with another group, swap xml param for ID.
I think I did it but its referenced by CentroSUI2.maki and it cause a null pointer when I swapped the group.

So for the playlist buttons I can't do anything.
Since all 3 playlist instances use the same button group, having their IDs is of no use.
Swapping the button group of a playlist instance is possible but made impossible by it's reference in a script.

I suppose its somewhat similar for Video and Visualization buttons.

---

Anyway I've been changing things here and there and now I get this error when I try to minimize after maximise:

I get it sometimes at cPro's credits tab in Winamp's prefs too.

---

@Aminifu
Good to know that the Winamp desktop app is still alive.
Hope whatever new functions added will be modular and can be chosen to not install in the installer.
Looking forward to an updated Playlist Editor module someday (I like foobar's PL but the player is hard to skin :P).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iron2000" (Feb 13th 2013, 5:28am)

pjn123

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 7:40am

All these components reuse allot of their code so changing just for one won't be so easy anymore. Will search for another solution. Will also post a new version of cpro2 soon.

As for the bug, the one in the about window is already fixed here (I hope).
You can send me the fullscreen bug then I'll look at it. But if you want you can replace your maximize script with the one in cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync (with the added bonus of a faked AeroSnap mode).

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 12:02pm

All these components reuse allot of their code so changing just for one won't be so easy anymore. Will search for another solution. Will also post a new version of cpro2 soon.

As for the bug, the one in the about window is already fixed here (I hope).
You can send me the fullscreen bug then I'll look at it. But if you want you can replace your maximize script with the one in cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync (with the added bonus of a faked AeroSnap mode).

I see that with the aerosnap feature its frame shows 10 pixel inner from fullscreen. I tried to make it look like more to win7's default so shadows will be touch to edges but I can't do it like that. It will be better if we can choose the distance from edges. Also fulscreen buttons of Video and Visualization differ 1 pixel.

pjn123

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 7:29am

Will add a easy way to change the 10 pixels.

Thanks for the button misplacement too ;)