You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Victhor" started this thread

Name: Victor

Monday, May 5th 2014, 4:45am

Video always on

(auto reminder that I had this idea :D )

When viewing a long video (usually a concert) I tend to need the ML too, so I have to "close" the video in the tabs area and re open it (usually in the top right panel).

Would be nice to have an option so the video automatically opens in another window when closed. Sort of a "Video always on display". The ideal application would be to have the option (disabled by default) and a set of preferred "trajectories" when closing the video, like:

"When closing Video tab go to:"
[ ] Top right panel -> Bottom panel
[ ] Bottom panel -> Top right panel

or

"When closing Video tab go to:"
[ ] Top right panel
[ ] Bottom panel
+
"When closing Video in Top right panel go to:"
[ ] Tab
[ ] Bottom panel
+
"When closing Video in Bottom panel go to:"
[ ] Top right panel
[ ] Tab

Monday, May 5th 2014, 7:49am

I too would like to be able to continue to see what is playing in the video panel when switching to another panel. An alternate (and maybe easier) way to handle this issue is to allow the video panel to be detachable, like it is in classic skins. Of course this would need to be a special case for SUI skins and it breaks the goal of all-in-one, but it would enhance the usage of this particular panel.

What I do now, if I don't want to pause or miss part of the video, is play the video in another app (or Winamp instance). :)

Monday, May 5th 2014, 7:57am

Actually, it is more of a comfortable thing than a functional. I can help myself right now by just disabling "stop video when closing the window" and "close window when video stops".
That works awesomely (specially when listening to a concert, I can go to another place and return to video window without having a slightly stop).

But like I said, it would be nice and really comfortable to have an option like this, good to know we're 2 now! =)

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 1:02am

Yeah!

OT, but do you have any influence in getting the 'sign petition banner' removed? At this point, it sticks out like a sore thumb and makes the site look like it is not regularly maintained (other than the age of most of the posts, which can't be helped).

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 1:13am

D'oh! I totally forgot about it (I was going to write to Martin about it, thanks for the reminder!)

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Monday, June 9th 2014, 8:58pm

Cool idea. Can see how its usefull.

Only problem I have is investing time in making the interface more video friendly...
Because Winamp (for me) isn't very video friendly. I just use VLC or MPC.
Also don't think the developers will invest time into making it better ever :(
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: