You are not logged in.

• "Jikaru" started this thread

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 10:52pm

[WIP 60%] Codename: XSe7en

Update 1: Codenamed XSe7en, for the smart you'll probably understand what I'm going for but for the weak you'll just have to wait for a screenshot and trust that it'll look good in the mean-time, lol. This is a placement Thread and soon-to-be discussion and criticism thread for the skin... :D

Update 2: With a few things moved around and more buttons added for a better experience, and an update to the skin for Xion 1.0.109, yes that means a skinned playlist, the skin is coming ever closer to being released, I still have tweaking to do, I still have a playlist skin to polish, and I still have questions to ask Cliffy C about the ins-and-outs of the update and things i can do with Xion considering this is my first skin...heres a screenshot to hold you over.
XSe7en 0.0.1 with skinned playlist preview (all subject to change):

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jikaru" (Feb 7th 2009, 4:10am)

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 2:34pm

this is going to be sweet, W7- is it all glass in W7?
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 3:51pm

its rather hard to find screenshots of the newest build but the taskbar and everything is very aero-like. and mostyl everything is like a blue or a teal-green kinda color, I made this a bit brighter of a blue and when its an inactive window the whole opacity for everything is decreased so you can see through it, my desktop uses the windows superbar from W7 but i still run a XP and I have a transparent taskbar so it matches my current theme. thanks for the kind words.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 5:59pm

haw can u use the superbar on xp?
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 10:16pm

its skinned like the superbar but I didn't download all the functionality of it, like the window preview feature I left out. But I have the double height bar with centered quicklaunch and single icon taskbar indicaters, I used a visual style and a combination of programs like alphaXP/true transparency to get the glass and transparent windows/taskbar...I like it much better this way :p I just wish XP supported transparency by default so it didn't take up so much resources, sometimes I disable it when my photoshop starts taking up too much memory lol. You can find visual styles laying around the net built to mimic W7...so how do you like the skin so far martin (btw it has changed quite a bit since this preview but I like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 11:14pm

the playbackbuttons don't seem to fit 100% - maybe inegrate em similar like it is done on the win7 taskbar

btw, win7 takes less resources than vista. i've considered to change yet but decided against since there is no reason to switch from a stable vista :)
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Thursday, February 12th 2009, 12:31am

they aren't exactly like Win7, but i may consider making the blue along the edge more white. other than that they are just how they would be on the taskbar. and you can get the win7 taskbar for vista too:

http://giannisgx89.deviantart.com/art/Wi…Vista-102269037
or
http://www.vista123.net/content/windows-…ual-style-vista

best ones I could find for vista, which look better than the one I have for XP...which I might redo my buttons to match better...

Friday, May 29th 2009, 7:03am

Been a while since I touched this, may revisit tomorrow if I have time ...actually was using this as a test skin mostly for playlist, but since I'm better and more fluent with Xion and the playlist, I'll update this really quickly and release.

Also this playlist skin was waiting for alpha functionality and since the latest build in Xion it is possible now, so This will be optimized for the latest build.